School Office

 If you have any queries for the school office please email Jackie Halsey, Karen Brennan or Sarah Woods via If it is urgent then please call the main office on 01707 324251. 

Our office opening hours are 8.40am - 9.20am and 2.40pm - 3.20pm. All parents are welcome to use the school office within these times, however, please also be aware that any letters and correspondence can come through the children's book bags. Pupils can place their letters, money and any other correspondence in a box which is taken to the school office each morning.

Please ensure payments are made through the School Gateway - link can be found on the Home page.  



Frequently Asked Questions

What are the school day timings? Please refer to our letter in the Parent section 'Returning to School' for staggered start and finish times.

8:50 a.m. – 3:10 p.m. for Reception to Year Six

9 a.m.- 12.00 p.m. for Nursery children.

What do I do if my child is late to school?

If your child is late for school, even by a few minutes, it is vital that you go to the School Office and sign your child in.  This is not just so that we can monitor punctuality, but is essential for fire safety and security.

How do I report my child’s absence from school?

Please telephone the school on 01707 324251 as soon as possible and on each day of your child’s absence from school; we have a dedicated answering service where you can leave a message.  It is very important that you let us know your child’s symptoms so that we can monitor any possible epidemics.  Please send a letter of explanation to school on your child’s return.

How much does school dinner money cost?

A meal for KS2 children costs £3.15.  Meals for children in Early Years and Key Stage 1 are free. Meals should be ordered and paid for using the School Grid.  

How can I buy school uniform?

Uniform is purchased through the school office. Please contact them for more information. We also sell nearly new items for a donation in the school foyer.

Can I take my child out of school for a holiday during term time?

No.  No holiday will be authorised during term time. Any absences (other than through illness) will be recorded as unauthorised and you may incur a fixed penalty fine and risk your child losing their place at our school.

How do I apply for a place in your school for my child?

For in year admissions you will need to contact the Admissions Team Hertfordshire County Council on 0300 123 4043 or email

Nursery applications only can be handed in at the school office.

How will I be informed if there is an enforced school closure?

We use Schoolcomms to contact all parents; please ensure you keep your account updated with current email addresses and contact numbers. You can also check our website for updates:, our school App and the Hertfordshire County Council website.

What do I do if my child is prescribed medication?

Parents can arrange to come into school to administer medication to their own children if necessary. Only medicines prescribed by a doctor can be administered by the school.  Antibiotic doses that are administered 3 times a day should be given before and after school and at bedtime. If the medicine is required 4 times a day please ask in the office for staff to give any additional required dose.  For long term or ongoing medication, parents are asked to complete and sign a medication request form. Children with asthma, severe allergies, etc., keep their medication in the Class room; these are given by a First Aid trained member of staff. We require TWO epi-pens in school and it is the parents responsibility to make sure inhalers and epi-pens are replaced when expired.

How long before my child can return to school after an illness?

In the case of vomiting and diarrhoea your child should be well for 48 hours before they return to school.  If you are unsure please call us.

Can my child bring a mobile telephone to school?

A permission letter needs to be signed by the parent for a named mobile which has been turned off and handed to a member of the office staff and collected at the end of the school day. We only encourage year 6 pupils, who walk to school on their own to bring mobile phones into school.

What should I do if I feel my child is being bullied?

Advise your child to speak to an adult in the school. This can be any member of staff that they feel comfortable with. You may also wish to support your child by talking to the teacher with your child.  We would encourage that they report any incident to the class teacher as they can observe behaviour during lessons and advise lunchtime staff as necessary. We take accusations of bullying very seriously and any incidents are dealt with appropriately and with speed. If you are concerned about your child please speak to the headteacher and never approach a child or the parent.

Can I park at the school?

No the car park is for staff only or parents who are entitled to park in a disabled parking space (blue badge must be displayed). The school is situated on residential roads and we ask parents to park legally and with due consideration for our neighbours.

Can my child cycle to school?

Yes, your child can cycle if they are accompanied by an adult. If you wish your child to cycle on their own we would need a permission letter from the parent with parental responsibility.

Can my child walk to school alone?

Children must be accompanied by an adult. If you wish an older child to walk to school alone we must receive a permission letter from the parent with parental responsibility, except in Year 6 where verbal parental permission is acceptable.

What should I put in my child’s packed lunch?

We encourage healthy eating and expect parents to choose healthily when creating a packed lunch.

An example of a healthy packed lunch:

  • No peanuts / peanut butter etc.
  • No sweets, fizzy drinks or nuts

What do I do if my child has lost a piece of clothing?

Parents must either sew a name label into all clothing or write the child’s name in indelible ink.  If an item goes missing your child must inform the class teacher and class teaching assistant and look in the lost property cupboard. We will do our utmost to find lost items but we are unable to provide a replacement.

When will my child start in Reception?

This will depend on their age and parental preference; usually children join Reception class in the September before their 5th birthday. Please see the school prospectus under the Admission section and for further advice you can speak to the school office staff.

Can my child bring toys in to school?

No, we normally discourage toys or collectables (e.g. football cards) being brought to school, unless the class teacher has specifically requested that they do. Please always check with the class teacher.

Can I receive the newsletter by email?

Yes, please register with SchoolComm and maintain any changes to your contact details.

Is there before and after school provision?

Acorns runs from 7.30am till 8.40am and 3.10pm to 6.00pm for Reception to Year 6 pupils.

Other clubs change every term and you will always be notified in the first week of the new term so you can apply.

How can parents get involved?

We encourage parents to get involved in various ways from attending trips to individual reading. We have a small fundraising team “TSA” and would welcome new members with new ideas and contacts. If you work for a company that is able to sponsor or donate to fundraising in the school please email  subject: fundraising. We will require you to have an enhanced DBS check before working in the school.